Here are some panoramic shots I took on the second last day of my show in the Robert McLaughlin Gallery A. Show ends Sunday June 21st at 4:00. I am sorry to see it end but am looking forward to being surrounded by my work again.
I am astonished there is only one week left to see my show. Although it was great to see the response at the opening, I am touched by those who visited in quieter times and wrote to me of being uplifted. How appropriate, in a show about tornados! I might arrange to be there sometime during the final weekend. I will post information if that is the case. If anyone has any interest in my work, I hope they will see the show. Although many of the paintings and constructions can be seen in my studio at the Uxbridge Studio Tour or my annual “Easter Show”, there is a narrative in this show–a configuration and order that is also part of the creative process. These pieces will never be seen in exactly the same way again. For one thing, I had to borrow a few back from present owners! Show ends Sunday, June 21st at 4:00 PM, Robert McLaughlin Gallery, downstairs in Gallery A.
(I call it the root cellar.)
Tomorrow (Sunday June 7) is my opening for “The Tornado that Turned into a Cat.” Oshawa McLaughlin Gallery, 12-4, downstairs in Gallery A. Today I try to figure out what to say in my talk. It will probably consist of what I have written in the last few weeks in this blog. I have put a lot of effort into this show and I admit some trepidation. Please join me tomorrow. My talk is scheduled for 1:30 but it can be avoided if you just want to come to the opening. (Give yourself a little extra time to skirt around Oshawa road closures). The show continues to June 21st. Don’t miss it!
Hello! After 2 1/2 grueling days, my show is finally up. (Thanks to Ann who helped deliver too much work for my little car, and Cria for bringing snacks and Marni, the gallery person who helped me set things up.) I thought I would be all new-fangled and put a price list here so you can wander around with an iPad telling you what things cost in case somebody took off with the paper price list. Here you go: I hope it’s helpful.
The Tornado that Turned into a Cat
Lynne McIlvride’s Price List
*Please note all sales are made through the artist only. If Lynne is not in the gallery, she can be contacted at LynneMcilvride@icloud.com.
- Keep an Eye on the Sky, 2013, acrylic on paper construction and wood, NOT FOR SALE
- Everybody Sees You’re Blown Apart, 2013, mixed media and paper construction, photograph, $600.00
- Tornado Cabinet, 2013, mixed media, $2600.00
5. Catastrophe, 2015, mixed media installation, $800.00
- Storm Charmers, 2013, mixed media, $2600.00
- A Disaster Waiting to Happen, 2013, mixed media, $2600.00
- !, 2013, mixed media, found objects, $2600.00
- Look! No Hands! 2013, NOT FOR SALE
- Do Not Be Terrified, 2013, mixed media, $2600.00
- Blooming Tornado!, 2013, mixed media, fresh flowers, $2600.00
12.The Turning, 2014, mixed media paper construction, $2000.00
|13. Touching Down, 2014, mixed media paper construction, $1500.00|
14. Turn, Turn, Turn, 2014, mixed media paper construction, $1000.00
- Inside the Tornado 1, 2015, acrylic and watercolour on paper, oil on glass, $200.00
- Inside the Tornado 2, 2015, acrylic and watercolour on paper, oil on glass, $300.00
- Inside the Tornado 3, 2015, acrylic and watercolour on paper, oil on glass, $550.00
- Inside the Tornado 4, 2015, acrylic and watercolour on paper, oil on glass, $550.00
- Flying Colours is a an installation made of reduction linoprints. These individual original prints are for sale. The largest ones are $200 each, the medium $150.00 and the smallest(Walking Tornados) are $75.00 each.
- Twister Sleeping, opaque watercolour on paper construction, oil on frame, 2015,
- Step 1: Terror, 2015, opaque watercolour on paper constructions, silver leaf on glass, 2015, $500.00
- Step 2: Knowing Up from Down, 2015, opaque watercolour on paper constructions, silver leaf on glass, 2015, $500.00
- Step 3: Twist! opaque watercolour on paper constructions, silver leaf on glass, 2015, $500.00
- She Lands on her Feet, 2015, opaque watercolour on paper construction, gold leaf on glass, $1500.00
- Pocket Tornados, 2014, $250 each
- ……Angel Having a Bath, 2015, $950.00
- Small Cat Landing, 2015, NOT FOR SALE
- Domestic Tornado 1, 2014, free- hanging fibre sculpture,$1000.00
- Domestic Tornado 2, 2014, free-hanging fibre sculpture, NOT FOR SALE
- Domestic Tornado 3, 2014, free- hanging fibre sculpture,$500.00
- Domestic Tornado 4, 2014, free- hanging fibre sculpture,$800..00
- Domestic Tornado 5, 2014, free- hanging fibre sculpture, $1000.00
- Domestic Tornado 6, 2014, free- hanging fibre sculpture, $700.00
- Mixed Metaphor, 2014-2015, sculptural installation, $2000.00
Well, tomorrow I start setting up my show called “The Tornado that Turned into a Cat” in Gallery A in the root cellar of the McLaughlin Gallery. The show follows the evolution of the metaphor as I have tried to explain in the three previous blog entries. Here is an invitation:
This is a gallery within a gallery: an artist initiated gallery within the larger public gallery. Any sales go directly through the artists and are not handled by the gallery so please contact me at LynneMcilvride@icloud.com if you have any questions.
If I get my act together (I am VERY tired), I will take a few pictures of the installation. More importantly, I will post a price list online as a blog entry and leave the URL at the gallery. There will be price lists there too but people accidentally take them.
I hope you will come. I am excited about the show. There are a few loose ends. There is a short looped movie my brother and I did. I would like to incorporate that into the show but am not sure how. There will also be a kind of a book that is a cross between a catalogue and a collaged artist’s book. I haven’t really done that yet. Good night.